Work With Us
The Hostel Assistant provides general assistance around the hostel by working at the front desk, and bar management maintaining the facility and grounds.
This is a full time, seasonal position based at our San Pedro Sula, Honduras hostel location.
On-site housing provided (optional).
- Welcome, register, orient and oversee guest hostel stays.
- Aid in take individual and group reservations by telephone, e-mail and an online system.
- Responding to and resolving guest inquiries, issues, comments and feedback.
- Work behind the hostel bar
- Proficiently operate our property management system. (Registering guests, balancing shift payments etc).
- Maintain security and safety of the hostel, grounds and personal belongings of guests.
- Provide information about the hostel and the local area to guests and visitors.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events and gatherings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Hostel Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience handling cash and recording sales transactions preferred
- Must enjoy working with the public and be able to professionally handle guest issues, conflicts, or emergencies that may arise
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without immediate supervision
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Hostelling experience preferred
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires
- Computer literacy required.
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred; training and certification may be provided
- 2nd language a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands/arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are searching for committed, proactive and fun staff who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.Fill in the form to apply for our job vacancies.