Work With Us
Hostel Manager/ Receptionist
Utila, Bay Islands
The Hostel Manager/ Receptionist provides general assistance around the hostel by working at the front desk, and bar management maintaining the facility and grounds.
This is a full time position based at our Utila, Honduras hostel location.
On-site housing provided (optional).
- Welcome, register, orient and oversee guest hostel stays.
- Take individual and group reservations by telephone, e-mail, whatsapp, social media and an online booking system.
- Responding to and resolving guest inquiries, issues, comments and feedback.
- Work behind the hostel bar and oversee bartending staff.
- Proficiently operate our property management system. (Registering guests, balancing shift payments etc)
- Provide information about the hostel and the local area to guests and visitors.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events and gatherings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience handling cash and recording sales transactions preferred
- Must enjoy working with the public and be able to professionally handle guest issues, conflicts, or emergencies that may arise.
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without immediate supervision
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Hostelling experience preferred
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires
- Computer literacy required.
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred; training and certification may be provided
- Speaks english and spanish.
We are searching for committed, proactive and fun staff who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.Fill in the form to apply for our job vacancies.